Powered Knee Orthosis
First robotic powered knee orthosis with variable stiffness, fully portable. It provides strength, mobility and joint stiffness control in an active way, with user intention detection. Active and passive operation modes selectable. Fully sensorized, provides gait parameters like range of movement, force and velocity, plantar pressures and center of pressure trajectory. It analyzes the biomechanics of the patient’s gait and works to improve it.
Improves the quality and speed of the gait.
Reduction of rehabilitation times.
Physical evaluation integrated in the device.
Potential use in home rehabilitation.
To date, 3 clinical studies have been conducted with the MAK exoskeleton.
Study at Aita Menni Hospital
- Title: Assessment of the effect on gait related outcome measures for neurological patients (MAKNEURO)
- Trial site: Aita Menni Hospital
- Aim: The aim of this study was to observe if a user with a neurological impairment obtained better gait-related outcomes compared with not wearing the device. Whilst also assessing for AE´s.
- Study Design: : Open label, non-comparative, Pilot study.
- Sample Size: N-5 (x 4 stroke, x 1 MS)
- Outcome Measures: 10MWT, G.A.I.T, QUEBEC 2.0.
- Results: When using the MAK the following improved where observed; Gait pattern, Step length, Centre of Pressure (COP). No AE´s where noted.
- No se aprecian AE.
- Conclusion: MAK is safe to use for neurological patients with tolerance at acceptable levels. MAK shows promise in improving a patients gait whilst being worn. Further research is required to determine transferability and any carry over effect.
Study at Hospital Universitario La Paz
- Title: : Study of the usefulness of the makv1 active knee device in the rehabilitation of patients after stroke.
- Trial site: Hospital Universitario La Paz
- Aim: To verify the viability of the MAKv1 device in a stroke rehabilitation program.
- Study Design:Pre-post study
- Sample size: N-26 Stroke <6months, motor alteration.
- Outcome measures: 6MWT, 10MWT, 5TST, Time to step up and down stairs, QUEST2.0 partial.
- First Patient First Visit (FPFV): : TBD
Study at Hospital Universitario La Zarzuela
- Title: Marsi Active Knee
- Trial site: Hospital Universitario la Zarzuela (Sanitas is part of Bupa)
- Aim: To observe the feasibility of the use of MAK for the rehabilitation of the joint after the arthroplasty operation and if it reduces the recovering time compared to usual rehabilitation.
- Study design: Pilot study
- Sample size: N-10
- Outcome measures: MRC Modified Muscular Force Scale, ROM, Perceiced pain (EVA), number of intravenous analgesia boluses needed, registration of the debit in the drainage, Post-operative inflammation by measuring the perimeter 10 cm from the upper pole of the kneecap, Timed Up and Go, 6MWT.
- First Patient First Visit (FPFV) : 30/05/19
If you have any questions or queries regarding this product, send us your inquiry to email@example.com
The MAK exoskeleton has been tested in patients affected by stroke, multiple sclerosis and knee athroplasty rehabilitation.
For a patient to be able to use the device, he or she must weigh less than 100 kg and be between 1.50 and 1.90 meters tall.
The main contraindications are: spasticity ≥ 3 measured with the Modified Ashworth Scale, recent bone fractures, osteoporosis, cognitive alteration that prevents the user from communicating in a basic way or understanding simple commands, skin alterations in the areas of contact with the exoskeleton, inability to stand even with technical aids and other pathologies in which moderate intensity physical exercise is contraindicated.
The MAK exoskeleton is estimated to reach the market for the first quarter of 2020. The sale will be made exclusively to hospitals and physiotherapy centers, not to individuals. It is possible at this time to make a reservation, which includes a free trial. If you are a clinician and you are interested in booking the MAK ACTIVE KNEE please fill in the form below
If you want, you can receive a free trial
Economic offer and acceptance (signature) of the offer.
Receipt of invoice and purchase guarantee
You will receive notification of product delivery when the market launch occurs.